|Action||Promulgation of new regulation banning concealed firearms in executive branch agency offices|
|Comment Period||Ends 1/27/2016|
This proposed regulation will have the opposite of the intended affect by playing into the hands of terrorists, violent criminals, and the criminally insane. There have been ZERO shootings in state agencies and this prohibition on those with a concealed handgun permit, some of whom have active and ongoing threats to their lives, is entirely without any justification and needlessly and recklessly endangers innocent lives. The governor does not care about that though as this is a clearly a political move in order to pay back his out of state democrat overlords.
Disarming good citizens (who are the only ones likely to obey the prohibition) does not make them safer. In fact, it makes them less safe. It is not just a matter of state agencies. For example, if this emergency regulation were to become permanent, someone who would normally be carrying a concealed handgun would be left defenseless for the whole duration of their trip as they would be forced to leave their handgun at home.
MOST Importantly the Governor has no authority for this regulation. If the General Assembly wanted the Governor to have such power, they would have granted it to him explicitly, as is required constitutionally. The Governor is only doing this to pay back his democrat donors who want a disarmed society that connot stand up to their eventual agenda.
This proposed regulation is a solution for which there is no problem. It endangers state employees, law abiding citizens, and the innocent by making state buildings a safe zone for terrorists, criminals, and the criminally insane to conduct their evil and savage actions.
Some other points of oposition:
* All but two of the public massacres since 1950 had been committed by criminals and terrorists in “gun-free zones,” which is exactly what this regulation creates.
* Off-duty police officers are also prevented from carrying.
* Bans in rest stops send a very uninviting message to, and endanger the lives of, interstate travelers
* The cost of providing additional security to protect everyone who has been disarmed by this regulation will be prohibitive.
* The ban won’t hold up in court, due to lack of authority by the Governor.
* If parking lots are included in the ban, then citizens will be disarmed to and from their residences and everywhere in between.
This regulations should not be approved and the emergency regulation withdrawn.
Please extended the comment period for another 30 days.