I am strongly opposed to this for a variety of reasons according to my Catholic/Christian faith. Let me first say I am always in support of anti-harrassment and anti-discrimination policies however this crosses a line which certainly is incompatible with my faith and beliefs and I am certain this hold for those others with similar morals and values. Let me begin:
1) I do not believe that students under the age of 18 are capable of making decisions regarding gender expression of sexual identity. If they are/would be capable, then the voting age should be lowered as well. Making such a decision is just as important as making a decision on a candidate to represent them to form the rules of our land
2) I disagree that parents should/would be punished for encouraging children to embrace their God given sex. Believe it or not, there is a higher power responsible for our being and everything around us. That entity knows best and for us to decide/choose otherwise is to say we are above our Creator. Who knows best? Us or our Creator?
3) I do not agree that anyone can choose their gender at any time? Do any of you seriously remember what it is like growing up in middle/high school? Just imagine any boy or girl who would fake their gender just to be able to go in the same bathroom/locker room and then participate in various sexual activities. Maybe this is our answer to the declining American population, NOT!!!!
4) I disagree that all students should be allowed to use any bathroom or locker room they choose? Do I really have to explain to you what any boy/girl couple would do just to have the opportunity to be together during school hours? Especially those crazy, raging, pre-pubescent kids?
5) I disagree with a gender neutral dress code standard. No girl should be allowed to take their top off and compete in swimming activities, even if they claim to be a boy.
6) I disagree that parents will not be notified that their child is being interrogated by school officials for allegedly violating these policies, or have the opportunity to intervene on their child’s behalf, UNLESS the complaints are not resolved “at the school level." So a 6 year old violates these policies, their parent's will not be notified? If you do not see anything wrong with that, please seek help.
7) Overall, I believe these proposed policies will violate those people of religious faiths and beliefs. I want to re-affirm that I am anti-discrimination and anti-harassement. I also believe we already have such policies in place to protect transgender individuals so this bill is unnecessary.
If one still agrees with this bill, then let me urge you to read more deeply. Do you think it is right for a government entity to be able to administer drugs/medication to your child, aged 5 or older, to change their sex without YOUR consent and knowledge? Let that sink in...