Virginia Regulatory Town Hall
Department of Environmental Quality
State Water Control Board
General VPDES Permit for Discharges of Stormwater from Construction Activities (formerly Part XIV, 4VAC50-60) [9 VAC 25 ‑ 880]
Action Amend and Reissue the General Permit for Discharges of Stormwater from Construction Activities
Stage Proposed
Comment Period Ended on 6/7/2013
Previous Comment     Next Comment     Back to List of Comments
6/6/13  1:39 pm
Commenter: David Warriner

General permit requirements

I concur with the deletion of allowing the public to come to the construction site to look at the SWPPP. Safety issues and disruption of construction are not in the best interest of anybody. 80% of the items in the SWPPP are in construction plans designed by a professional engineer and reviwed and approved by local government. These plans are public record and available for review at local government offices. The remaining 20% of issues in the SWPPP are provided by the contractor. It should be a simple matter to require the contractor to fill out a form that covers those 20% and how they plan to prevent pollution. The contractor must fill that form out or they would not get the land disturbance permit. That form would be placed in the same location as the plans for people to review at the local government offices.

CommentID: 28473