Department of Labor and Industry
Safety and Health Codes Board
Virginia Confined Space Standard for the Telecommunications Industry
[16 VAC 25 ‑ 70]
Periodic Review of this Chapter
Includes a Small Business Impact Review
Date Filed: 12/8/2008
Pursuant to Executive Order 36 (2006), the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry (DOLI) and the Safety and Health Codes Board (Board) will review the regulations entitled, Virginia Confined Space Standard for the Telecommunications Industry, (16 VAC 25-70-10 et seq.). The purpose of the review is to determine whether this regulation should be amended, or retained in its current form. The review of this regulation will be guided by the principles listed in Executive Order 36 (2006).
The purpose of this regulation is to prescribe basic mandatory practices and procedures which telecommunications employers must establish and use for employee entry into, and work within, confined spaces. (See the Code of Virginia, §40.1-22.)
DOLI and the Board seek public comment on the review of issues related to these regulations, especially the following:
1. Does the regulation meet the following goals?
- Reduce the incidence of material impairment of the health of Virginians due to workplace exposure to known hazards.
- Provide protection to telecommunications workers equal to that provided to workers in other industries.
- Protect the public's health, safety and welfare with the least possible cost and intrusiveness to the citizens and businesses of the Commonwealth.
2. Is the regulation clearly written and easy to understand?
Comments on this regulation are welcome and will be accepted until January 26, 2009. Comments may be mailed to Reba O’Connor, Virginia Department of Labor and Industry, Powers-Taylor Building, 13 South 13th Street, Richmond, Virginia 23219 or emailed to:
Please include your full name and mailing address.
Publication Information and Public Comment Period
Published in the Virginia Register on 1/5/2009
begins on the publication date and ends on 1/26/2009
Comments Received: 0
Retain the regulation with no changes
Attorney General Certification
Prior to early 2014, AG periodic review certifications were done off-line