Department of Labor and Industry
Safety and Health Codes Board
Virginia Confined Space Standard for the Telecommunications Industry
[16 VAC 25 ‑ 70]
Periodic Review of this Chapter
Includes a Small Business Impact Review
Date Filed: 4/1/2003
Regulation Title: 16 VAC 25-70-10 et seq. Virginia Confined Space Standard for the Telecommunications Industry
Description: Prescribes basic mandatory practices and procedures which telecommunications employers must establish and use for employee entry into and work within confined spaces.
DOLI seeks public comment regarding the following questions:
1. Does the regulation meet the following goals?
- Reduce the incidence of material impairment of the health of Virginians due to workplace exposure to known hazards.
- Provide protection to telecommunications workers equal to that provided to workers in other industries.
- Protect the public's health, safety and welfare with the least possible cost and intrusiveness to the citizens and businesses of the Commonwealth.
2. Is the regulation written clearly and understandably?
Written and electronically submitted comments may be submitted May 3, 2004 through May 25, 2004. Comments should be sent to Jennifer S. Cavedo, Regulatory Coordinator, Department of Labor and Industry, 13 South Thirteenth Street, Richmond, VA 23219, (804) 371-2631; Fax (804) 371-6524 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication Information and Public Comment Period
Published in the Virginia Register on 5/3/2004
begins on the publication date and ends on 5/25/2004
Comments Received: 0
Retain the regulation with no changes
Attorney General Certification
Prior to early 2014, AG periodic review certifications were done off-line