|Action||Amend the Regulation after Assessment and Receipt of Public Comment|
|Comment Period||Ends 10/31/2018|
safety regs for all -- because women deserve better
Can we say Gosnell? Women deserve better! Where else is there self-regulation?
Here are a few changes I recommend the Board consider:
- Reinstate all of the health and safety measures the Board watered down during its last amendment process.
- Require all Office of Licensure and Certification (OLC) inspections to verify that ultrasounds have been performed at least 24 hours prior to every abortion performed.
- Require annual inspections on abortion facilities instead of biennial.
- Remove the ability of the Commissioner to grant permanent variances.
- Reinstate the requirement that the abortion facility ensures that it has removed all of the fetal body parts from inside of the female patient upon the performance of an abortion.
Thank you for your consideration. Please ensure the health and safety of all women.
er this text and enter your comments here. You are limited to approximately 3000 words.