|Action||Amend the Regulation after Assessment and Receipt of Public Comment|
|Comment Period||Ends 10/31/2018|
Women and Children's Health
I agree with the comments below, they seem common sense to me.
Here are a few changes CWALAC recommends the Board make:
• Reinstate all of the health and safety measures the Board unlawfully watered down during its last amendment process.
• Require all OLC inspections to verify that ultrasounds have been performed at least 24 hours prior to every abortion performed.
• Require annual inspections on abortion facilities instead of biennial.
• Remove the ability of the Commissioner to grant permanent variances.
• Reinstate the definition of the "first trimester" as being the first twelve weeks from conception, not "13 weeks and 6 days after last menstrual period."
• Reinstate the ability of the department to deny, suspend, or revoke the license to operate an abortion facility for violating "any provision of Article 1 (§ 32.1-123 et seq.) of Chapter 5 of Title 32.1."
• Reinstate the requirement that abortion facilities provide information on post-abortion counseling to its patients.
• Reinstate the requirement that the abortion facility ensures that it has removed all of the fetal body parts from inside of the female patient upon the performance of an abortion.
• Reinstate the requirement that abortion facilities report to OLC any incidents reported to the malpractice insurance carrier.
• Reinstate the reasonable design and construction standards that provided for things such as hallways wide enough to carry patients out on stretchers in cases of emergency.