|Action||Amend the Regulation after Assessment and Receipt of Public Comment|
|Comment Period||Ends 10/31/2018|
I can hardly beleive I am writing a comment to urge my home state's health professionals to stop loosening regulations on abortion clinics. Obviously, it is in everyone's best interest that abotion clinics be well-regulated. So I urge you to please:
- Reinstate all of the health and safety measures the Board unlawfully watered down during its last amendment process.
- Require all OLC inspections to verify that ultrasounds have been performed at least 24 hours prior to every abortion performed.
- Require annual inspections on abortion facilities instead of biennial.
- Remove the ability of the Commissioner to grant permanent variances.
- Reinstate the definition of "first trimester" as being the first twelve weeks from conception, not "13 weeks and 6 days after last menstrual period."
- Reinstate the ability of the department to deny, suspend, or revoke the license to operate an abortion facility for violating "any provision of Article 1 (§ 32.1-123 et seq.) of Chapter 5 of Title 32.1."
- Reinstate the requirement that abortion facilities provide information on post-abortion counseling to its patients.
- Reinstate the requirement that the abortion facility ensure that it has removed all of the fetal body parts from inside of the female patient upon the performance of an abortion.
- Reinstate the requirement that abortion facilities report to OLC any incidents reported to the malpractice insurance carrier.
- Reinstate the reasonable design and construction standards that provided for things such as hallways wide enough to carry patients out on stretchers in cases of emergency.
Joseph M. Paul