|Action||Promulgation of new regulation banning concealed firearms in executive branch agency offices|
|Comment Period||Ends 1/27/2016|
Why deny Virginia citizens right to self-defense
1. All but two of the public massacres since 1950 had been committed by criminals and terrorists in “gun-free zones,” which is exactly what this regulation creates.
2. Off-duty police officers are also prevented from carrying.
3. Bans in rest stops send a very uninviting message to, and endanger the lives of, interstate travelers.
4. The cost of providing additional security to protect everyone who has been disarmed by this regulation will be prohibitive.
5. The ban won’t hold up in court, due to lack of authority by the Governor.
6. If parking lots are included in the ban, then citizens will be disarmed to and from their residences and everywhere in between.
7. I am a disabled veteran and fought for my country to defend my constitutional rights. I should not have to worry whether myself or my family will become a statistic due to these pointless agendas. A criminal will not follow these rules no matter what penalties are in place. They dont follow the rules now. Dont make the citizens, who are law abiding, into soft targets for criminals and terrorist.