|Action||Regulations for Licensure of Abortion Facilities|
|Comment Period||Ends 3/29/2013|
My concerns with the TRAP regulations are many.
- First, these regulations are not based on medical fact, but reflect the GOP's desire to do away with abortion in our country even though it is LEGAL and safe.
- These desires stem from religious beliefs, which do nothing but compromise women's health care in Virginia.
- TRAP places burdensome restrictions on low-income, uninsured and minority women in this state who cannot afford time off of work, and cannot access transportation to the current one or two clinics that still exist in this state.
- Even more importantly, abortion only makes up 3% of the services provided to women in these clinics.
- When I was younger, and uninsured, I relied on these clinics for yearly checkups, cancer screenings, and birth control- which as a whole would eliminate the need for abortion.
Your efforts are misguided at best. Instead of restricting access to abortion and health services, you should be concentrating on providing birth control and sex education which have been proven to drastically reduce the abortion rate.
I vehemently oppose the actions that our state government has taken in regards to women's health care. Your moral objections are repugnant in consideration of the outcomes you provide for minority and low income women when you eliminate their choices!