18VAC65-20-152. Continuing education providers.
A. Unless disqualified by action of the board, courses offered by the following providers are approved for continuing education credit:
1. Local, state or federal government agencies;
2. Regionally accredited colleges and universities; or
3. Board-recognized national, regional, state and local associations or organizations as follows:
a. National Funeral Directors Association and state chapters;
b. National Funeral Directors and Morticians Association and state chapters;
c. Association of Independent Funeral Homes of Virginia;
d. Cremation Association of North America;
e. American Board of Funeral Service Education;
f. International Conference of Funeral Service Examining Boards;
g. Virginia Morticians Association; and
h. Other similar associations or organizations as approved by action of the board.
B. Course providers not listed in subsection A of this section may apply for approval by the board as continuing education providers.
1. To be considered for board approval, a continuing education provider shall submit 60 days prior to offering a continuing education course:
a. Documentation of an instructional plan and course objectives for continuing education courses that meet the criteria set forth in 18VAC65-20-151 B;
b. A syllabus of the course or courses to be offered with the credentials of the course instructors, a description of each session, including number of continuing education hours; and
c. The continuing education provider fee set forth under 18VAC65-20-70.
2. Board approval of continuing education providers under this subsection shall expire on July 1 of each year and may be renewed upon resubmission of documentation on courses and instructors and the provider fee as required by the board.
3. Continued approval of a continuing education provider may be granted without submission of the provider fee if the provider submits a statement that courses and instructors offered for the coming year will not change from the previous year. If there will be additions or alterations to the continuing education offerings of a provider, resubmission of documentation and a provider fee is required.
C. Continuing education providers approved under subsection A or B of this section shall:
1. Maintain and provide to the board upon request documentation
of the course titles and objectives and of licensee attendance and completion
of courses for a period of
three two years;
2. Monitor attendance at classroom or similar educational experiences for compliance with law and regulations; and
3. Provide a certificate of completion for licensees who successfully complete a course.