12VAC5-550-330. New certificate.
The new certificate of birth prepared after adopting, legitimation, court determination of paternity, or acknowledgement of paternity shall be on the form in use at the time of birth, however a same-sex adoption new certificate of birth shall be on the form that show the parents designation as "Name of Parent," and shall include the following items and such other information necessary to complete the certificate:
1. The name of the child;
2. The date and place of birth as transcribed from the original certificate;
3. The names and personal particulars of the adoptive parents or of the natural parents, whichever is appropriate;
4. The name of the attendant, printed or typed;
5. The birth number assigned to the original birth certificate;
6. The original filing date. The information necessary to locate the existing certificate and to complete the new certificate shall be submitted on forms prescribed by the State Registrar.
§32.1-273 of the Code of Virginia.
Derived from VR355-29-100 §9.6, eff. April 1, 1995.