§ 66-10. Powers and duties of Board.
The Board shall have the following powers and duties:
1. To develop and establish programmatic and fiscal policies governing the operation of programs and facilities for which the Department is responsible under this law.
2. To ensure the development and implementation of a long-range youth services policy.
3. To review and comment on all budgets and requests for appropriations for the Department prior to their submission to the Governor and on all applications for federal funds.
4. To monitor the activities of the Department and its effectiveness in implementing the policies of the Board.
5. To advise the Governor, Director and the General Assembly on matters relating to youth services.
6. To promulgate such regulations as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of this title and other laws of the Commonwealth administered by the Director or the Department. The Board of Juvenile Justice may adopt such Board of Corrections' regulations and standards as it may deem appropriate. If regulations and standards so adopted are not amended substantively by the Board of Juvenile Justice, such Board need not comply with the provisions of Article 2 (§ 2.2-4006 et seq.) of Chapter 40 of Title 2.2.
7. To ensure the development of programs to educate citizens and elicit public support for the activities of the Department.
8. To establish length-of-stay guidelines for juveniles indeterminately committed to the Department and to make such guidelines available for public comment.