|Action||Amend the Regulation after Assessment and Receipt of Public Comment|
|Comment Period||Ends 10/31/2018|
Please care for womens health
Dear Board Members,
I must admit, I wish abortion (which ends a life) was not eleminating 3,000 young Americans daily. I wish that as a society we cared about all life, no matter how small. I wish our American culture did not think it ok to snuff out a life just because no one meet that person or knew all they were meant to be.
Of course abortion is legal and as an American culture we do allow the killing of the most vunerable. But, let's at least care for the mothers of those babies. If a mother makes the decision not to protect and care for her child, to allow the killing of her child, let's at least give her proper medical attention. Here are a few changes I recommend the Board consider:
- Reinstate all of the health and safety measures the Board watered down during its last amendment process.
- Require all Office of Licensure and Certification (OLC) inspections to verify that ultrasounds have been performed at least 24 hours prior to every abortion performed.
- Require annual inspections on abortion facilities instead of biennial.
- Remove the ability of the Commissioner to grant permanent variances.
- Reinstate the definition of "first trimester" as being the first twelve weeks from conception, not "13 weeks and 6 days after last menstrual period."
- Reinstate the ability of the department to deny, suspend, or revoke the license to operate an abortion facility for violating "any provision of Article 1 (§ 32.1-123 et seq.) of Chapter 5 of Title 32.1."
- Reinstate the requirement that the abortion facility ensures that it has removed all of the fetal body parts from inside of the female patient upon the performance of an abortion.
- Reinstate the requirement that abortion facilities report to OLC any incidents reported to the malpractice insurance carrier.
- Reinstate the reasonable design and construction standards that provided for things such as hallways wide enough to carry patients out on stretchers in cases of emergency.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration. Please ensure the health and safety of all women..