|Action||Licensed Adult Day Care Centers Regulation Comprehensive Revision|
|Comment Period||Ends 9/8/2017|
Comments on Proposed ADHC Regulation Changes
22VAC40-61-120 Reports of abuse, neglect and exploitation
Proposed Language: B. The center shall notify the participants contact person or legal representative when a report is made as referenced in subsection A of this section, without identifying any confidential information.
- Delete B. In situations where the person suspected of alleged abuse is the contact person informing that person, prior to APS intervention, could put the participant at risk of retaliation or further abuse. It is best to allow the center to use the best judgment about notification of the contact person after speaking with the local department and/or APS hotline.
22VAC 40-61-260. Physical examinations and report.
Proposed language: B. The report of the required physical examination shall be on file at the center and shall include…….:
- B.1. Change address and telephone number to “Date of birth” because this is how the person is identified.
- B.5. Delete this requirement, and consider replacing it with “other health care conditions that may impact the need for care and supervision in the Adult Day Health Care environment.”
22VAC 40-61-290 Infection Control
- keep infection prevention compliant with OSHA
22Vac 40-61-330 Activities
- no to always having a designated staff person on duty who meets specific qualifications as stated or add qualified program assistant
22VAC40-61-380. Transportation services.
Proposed Language: B. 1. The driver has a valid Virginia driver's license to operate the type of vehicle being used.
- B1. The driver has a valid driver's license to operate the type of vehicle being used