|Action||Promulgation of new regulation banning concealed firearms in executive branch agency offices|
|Comment Period||Ends 1/27/2016|
The Governor has an “emergency” state-agency gun ban in place. That emergency ban runs out in 18 months. What will follow it, is a permanent gun ban. I am requesting an extended comment period.
The permanent gun ban is being done following the normal method - it is listed in the Regulatory Town Hall and is required to get comments from the public for about six weeks.
Simply urging the Governor to drop the idea is a waste of time, as he has already made up his mind. Without a huge negative response, the Governor cannot point to the Regulatory Town Hall and say that no one responded because they agree with what he is doing. I strongly disagree with his *ban*.
1) Off-duty police officers are also prevented from carrying
2) Bans in rest stops send a very uninviting message to, and endanger the lives of, interstate travelers
3) The cost of providing additional security to protect everyone who has been disarmed by this regulation will be prohibitive
4) The ban won’t hold up in court, due to lack of authority by the Governor
5) If parking lots are included in the ban, then citizens will be disarmed to and from their residences and everywhere in between