Registration Restricted volunteer
license and registration for voluntary practice by out-of-state licensees.
A. A registered or practical nurse may be issued a restricted volunteer license and may practice in accordance with provisions of § 54.1-3011.01 of the Code of Virginia.
B. Any licensed nurse who does not hold a license to practice in Virginia and who seeks registration to practice on a voluntary basis under the auspices of a publicly supported, all volunteer, nonprofit organization that sponsors the provision of health care to populations of underserved people shall:
1. File a complete application for registration on a form provided by the board at least five business days prior to engaging in such practice. An incomplete application will not be considered;
2. Provide evidence of current, unrestricted licensure in a U.S. jurisdiction;
3. Provide the name of the nonprofit organization, the dates and location of the voluntary provision of services;
4. Pay a registration fee of $10; and
5. Provide an attestation from a representative of the nonprofit organization attesting to its compliance with provisions of subdivision 11 of § 54.1-3001 of the Code of Virginia.