Compliance with Federal Regulations
A. Every person who transports or offers for
transportation hazardous materials within or through the Commonwealth of
Virginia shall comply with the federal regulations governing the transportation
of hazardous materials promulgated by the U.S. Secretary of Transportation with
amendments promulgated as of October 1,
2016 2018, pursuant to
the Hazardous Materials Transportation Act, and located at Title 49 of the Code
of Federal Regulations as set forth below and which are incorporated in these
regulations by reference:
1. Special Permits. 49 CFR Part 107, Subpart B.
2. Registration of Cargo Tank and Cargo Tank Motor Vehicle Manufacturers, Assemblers, Repairers, Inspectors, Testers, and Design Certifying Engineers in 49 CFR Part 107, Subpart F.
3. Registration of Persons Who Offer or Transport Hazardous Materials in 49 CFR Part 107, Subpart G.
4. Hazardous Materials Regulations in 49 CFR Parts 171 through 177.
5. Specifications for Packagings in 49 CFR Part 178.
6. Specifications for Tank Cars in 49 CFR Part 179.
7. Continuing Qualification and Maintenance of Packagings in 49 CFR Part 180.
8. Motor Carrier Safety Regulations in 49 CFR Parts 390 through 397.
B. The references to and incorporation by reference of 49 CFR Part 390 into this chapter includes the compliance date extension as promulgated by the U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (83 FR 62505, December 4, 2018).