|Action||Amend the Regulation after Assessment and Receipt of Public Comment|
|Comment Period||Ends 10/31/2018|
Reasonable regulations for women's safety at abortion clinics in Virginia
Please do not remove regulations from abortion facilities that would endanger vulnerable women at these facilities. These facilities claim to offer safe medical procedures and shoud not object to reasonable medical regulations. Reasonable regulations include:
1. Reinstating all of the health and safety measures the Board unlawfully watered down during its last amendment process.
2. Require inspections to verify that ultrasounds have been performed at least 24 hours prior to every abortion performed.
3. Requiring annual inspections of abortion facilities.
4. Eliminate the authority of the Commissioner to grant permanent variances to relevant regulations.
5. Authorize the department to deny, suspend, or revoke the license to operate an abortion facility for violating applicable regulations.
6. Require the abortion facility to ensure that it has removed all of the fetal body parts from inside of the female patient upon the performance of an abortion.
7. Require the abortion facility to report to OLC any incidents eported to the malpractice insurance carrier.
Thank you for your consideration.