Department of Labor and Industry
Safety and Health Codes Board
Virginia Confined Space Standard for the Construction Industry
[16 VAC 25 ‑ 140]
Periodic Review of this Chapter
Includes a Small Business Impact Review
Date Filed: 4/1/2003
Regulation Title: 16 VAC 25-140-10 et seq. Virginia Confined Space Standard for the Construction Industry
Description: This regulation applies to all employers with employees covered by the Virginia regulations for the construction industry. This regulation prescribes the basic mandatory practices and procedures which employers must establish and use for employee entry and work within confined spaces.
DOLI seeks public comment regarding the following questions:
2. Does the regulation meet the following goals?
- Reduce the incidence of material impairment of the health of Virginia workers due to workplace exposure to known hazards.
- Provide protection to construction workers equal to that provided to workers in other industries.
- Protect the public's health, safety and welfare with the least possible cost
and intrusiveness to the citizens and businesses of the Commonwealth.
2. Is the regulation written clearly and understandably?
Written and electronically submitted comments may be submitted from May 3, 2004 through May 25, 2004. Comments should be sent to Jennifer S. Cavedo, Regulatory Coordinator, Department of Labor and Industry, 13 South Thirteenth Street, Richmond, VA 23219, (804) 371-2631; Fax (804) 371-6524 or e-mail email@example.com.
Public Comment Period
Begin Date: 5/3/2004
End Date: 5/25/2004
Comments Received: 0
Retain the regulation with no changes
Attorney General Certification
Prior to early 2014, AG periodic review certifications were done off-line