Standards of Practice and Conduct
18VAC145-30-140. Standards of practice and conduct.
A Virginia certified professional wetland delineator:
1. Shall not submit any false statements, make any misrepresentations or fail to disclose any facts requested concerning any application for certification or recertification.
2. Shall not engage in any fraud, deceit or misrepresentation in advertising, in soliciting or in providing professional services.
3. Shall not knowingly sign any plans, drawings, blueprints, surveys, reports, specifications, maps or other documents not prepared or reviewed and approved by the certificate holder.
4. Shall not knowingly represent a client or employer on a project on which the certificate holder represents or has represented another client or employer without making full disclosure thereof.
5. Shall express a professional opinion only when it is founded on adequate knowledge of established facts at issue and based on a background of technical competence in the subject matter.
6. Shall not knowingly misrepresent factual information in expressing a professional opinion.
7. Shall immediately notify the client or employer and the appropriate regulatory agency if the certificate holder's professional judgment is overruled and not adhered to when advising appropriate parties of any circumstances of a substantial threat to the public health, safety, or welfare.
8. Shall exercise reasonable care when rendering professional services and shall apply the technical knowledge, skill and terminology ordinarily applied by practicing wetland professionals.
9. Shall sign and date all plans, drawings, blueprints, surveys, reports, specifications, maps or other documents prepared or reviewed and approved by the certificate holder. The certified wetland professional delineator shall also indicate that he is a Virginia Certified Wetland Professional Delineator on all plans, drawings, blueprints, surveys, reports, specifications, maps or other documents prepared or reviewed and approved by the certificate holder and include his certificate number.
10. Shall not utilize the design, drawings, specifications, or work of another regulant to complete or to replicate any work without the written consent of the person or organization that owns the design, drawings, specifications, or work.